HEALTH BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
by Alpino Health Foods Private Limited on May 31, 2022
Apple cider vinegar has rapidly gained traction for its health benefits and multi-purpose applications. Many people like using this all-natural and non-toxic apple cider vinegar as a home remedy for various common ailments as it is inexpensive and considered safe if used appropriately.
EVERYTHING ABOUT APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider vinegar is essentially made out of apple juice, but adding yeast turns the sugar in apple juice into alcohol. This process is fermentation and then the bacteria, termed the “mother”, turns the alcohol into acetic acid. This is what gives the vinegar its sour taste and strong smell. The meteorically rising demand signifies the benefits of apple cider vinegar health benefits, including its anti-microbial and anti-oxidant effects.
BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Ancient Greeks used vinegar to treat wounds, depicting that it has been a remedy for centuries. Recently, there have been numerous benefits of apple cider vinegar such as improving heart health and as a way to lose weight.
- Weight Loss - Apple cider vinegar can aid your weight loss journey. It makes you feel full and sated, thereby reducing our tendency for snacking. For losing weight, drinking a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar diluted in warm water is a good step in the right direction. However, it must be noted that the foundation of an effective weight loss plan depends on reduced calorie intake and increased physical activity.
- Lowers blood sugar - One of the benefits of apple cider vinegar includes lowering blood sugar levels and improving insulin levels. Diluting a couple of teaspoons in warm water and consuming at mealtimes or using it in salad dressing will help keep your blood sugar levels within healthy parameters.
- Anti-oxidant boost - The presence of polyphenol in apple cider vinegar helps fight off damaging free radicals with its anti-oxidizing properties. It may help prevent cardiovascular ailments and other conditions.
- Helps with skin - Apple cider vinegar for the face could help with acne, according to some reports. However, there does not seem to be any strong research confirming this. It should be noted that here, drinking apple cider vinegar could help with acne, not directly applying it to the face.
- Helps with digestion - Apple cider vinegar benefits for the stomach include raising acid levels in the stomach to aid digestion. Its anti-microbial properties may help kill bacteria in the stomach or intestines.
The question arises here how to use apple cider vinegar? Undoubtedly the best way you can incorporate apple cider vinegar into your diet is to use it in cooking. It is a simple addition to foods like salad dressing and homemade mayonnaise. Many people prefer diluting a couple of teaspoons (5-10ml) or a couple of tablespoons (15-30ml) of apple cider vinegar in water and consuming it as a beverage.
HOW TO DRINK APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Typically, a couple of teaspoons or tablespoons, as per your preference, should be mixed in warm water and consumed. You MUST NOT drink it straight! It is highly acidic and consuming it directly can cause unpleasant side effects.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR SIDE EFFECTS
While apple cider vinegar presents numerous health benefits such as aiding digestion and lowering blood sugar, among others, some side effects that must be kept in mind before consuming it.
Due to its high acid levels, consuming higher than the suggested dosage may cause terrible and uncomfortable symptoms.
- THROAT BURNS: There are no published studies that establish apple cider vinegar causes throat burns. However, consumed in large quantities, the acid content in apple cider vinegar might cause esophageal (throat) burns.
- DENTAL EROSION: Acidic foods and beverages have been shown to damage tooth enamel. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar may weaken dental enamel and lead to tooth decay.
- LOW POTASSIUM LEVELS: There is one instance reported where low potassium levels led to bone damage was reported which was likely caused by consuming too much apple cider vinegar over the years.
- DRUG INTERACTIONS: A few medications may interact with apple cider vinegar and result in side effects, such as people taking insulin or insulin-boosting medication and consuming apple cider vinegar may experience extremely low blood sugar or potassium levels.
RECIPES WITH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Mixed with different good-for-you ingredients, apple cider vinegar can be a wonderful addition to your daily routine.
Apple cider vinegar can be used:
- In salad dressing to ease digestion issues.
- As a tonic to curb appetite.
- In a tea mixed with apple cider vinegar as a natural energy booster.
- By mixing it with honey for a soothing concoction for sore throat.
It is safe to think that apple cider vinegar is a go-to miracle. In small doses, it can be extremely beneficial and delicious. However, in large amounts, it could prove to be dangerous and harmful to your health. It may even erode your tooth enamel or cause a sore throat.
With so many benefits, it is no surprise that many people turn to apple cider vinegar for treating common ailments, nonetheless, it is equally important to understand and know the facts beforehand. Visit our website for the best apple cider vinegar that is organic, rich in antioxidants, and contains no added flavor or preservatives. Be sure to check out our range of healthy products as well!